Monday 12 March 2012

Birthday in Gold and Organza

                                                                                                     
This is a two layered dress. the bottom has a layer of beaded flower organza and gold satin, (and lining)
I got the inspiration for this birthday dress from  simplicity's 2463 pattern, using the version E. I was particularly interested in the 'v' shape of the top bodice
however the pattern pieces called for three pieces for the front top and three for the back. this was a bit much so i modified this to get the look...

I dare say, I am happy with the result and the fit.


What are they eating?


Close up of fabric flowers

As good a model they look, they are so uncooperative when I try to fit them while making the dress, I keep chasing them around the house but I am finally able to do the fitting somehow. phew... 
Can you see the flowers on the organza, it is formed using very tiny cream beads.


Was going for the purple dress from this simplicity pattern. decide to put my flowers on the waist instead of shoulders. 

To modify the body, i used a basic bodice as above and draw a 2inch 'v' at the waistline. the 2" is added to the fold line and this just slants up to join the normal waistline.



This cake sure is delicious...
My 'V' at the waistline is not as deep as theirs but still OK for me.

Mummy why are you so far up?

Can you see my bow?

This ribbon back view came about because daddy said they dresses always contain a belt, "do something else for a change" ok, i said. so here you have it. from the left side i tack the ribbon down and used a hook and eye on the right so that we can still have the opening when we unzip. although it keeps getting unhooked so i might have to tack it down hoping there is still a bit of space in there for wearing this lovely outfit.

I'm so happy its my birthday

Thanks for coming, if you have enjoyed the post please leave a message.



7 comments:

  1. What a nice outfit. I like the dresses because the are not flat. It has like a ball room effect dress. I dare say the colour suits for girls very much. And the fabric flowers at the waist made the style yours.

    Looking out for more posts for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I tried to achieve the 'ball' effect but didn't use netting underneath for this, guess it was just from the amount of fabric gathered.

      Delete
  2. Good job...!
    A very elegant birthday dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SoOOOOOO CUTE!!!
    When I was a little girl, my mum sewed dresses like that for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just great. Hoping that they will keep enjoying my "makes" even when they are well grown. :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful little girls in beautiful dresses

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, Please leave a message, Thanks