Tuesday 10 April 2012

Vintage Stylish



This dress is my version of Butterick 5603. I love the upper body fit and tend to go for fitted empire bodice and free skirt due to my shape.

Could say it fits like a glove.
 I couldn't just understand the facing that was explained in the pattern. lol (still coming to grips with facings) so I used bias binding and a lace trim for the neck.

Butterick pattern used

Don't think i could get away with such slim waist showed in the pattern.

So I cut a big A-line skirt full length to ankle making the upper part of skirt 8" more than 1 needed and made 8 darts, four in front and four at the back.

Talking about the back it gaped a bit at the 'v' so I just pulled the shoulder seam at the back in about 1/2 inch.
Don't mind the crease, dress had been worn all day.



There you have it. simple, vintage but stylish.
Thanks for coming, until the next posting, Adios.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, Please leave a message, Thanks