Monday, 23 September 2013

Plaid With Collar.


This dress has has on my mind for a while but thanks to Project run and play it finally left my head to come into reality. Bought this fabric last year, fell in love with it at first sight. I think its more of a coat fabric but I have cannot bring myself to make a coat. Thinking that the coat might not keep them warm enough. (Am assuming that the store bought ones have something on the inside that keeps you warm.)


About this dress, its a simple style collar dress. Used my basic Simplicity 4384 for the construction of the top bodice size 4 year old, which I would say it a perfect fit.
For the skirt part I just cut a rectangle 45" long, did 5 box pleats and sewed it on the top.
Decided to add a contrast colour collar self drafted using the Gertie's book, and the collar turned out perfect. There are quite a number of collar drafting tutorial out there and they are petty much similar in drafting.



Someone is ready for the cold weather...
Added some iron-on diamanté for extra details.

Was supposed to add a ribbon to the seam line on the hat, hopefully will still do it. It's just over locked now.
Used simplicity pattern 4721 for the hat, but cant seem to find the pattern on their website so can't add the link.
The back view
Yes, I still need to trim off the top of the zip :)

On another note, my industrial sewing machine is here!!!!!!!
I loveeeeeee it. Made this dress using it. It is soooo fast and smooth.
Will be doing a full post on it plus showing what it has been making. Only here a week and I have made 4!! dresses on it. Just need to gather some more facts and figures......

Thanks for stopping by.

Regards.
















14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! this is so cute I love that peter pan collar and the sweet school girl jumper. Way to go!
    with love,
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The collar turned out just as I hoped. Though it could be a tad better. :-). The jumper is just screaming " bring winter on.

      Delete
  2. Very sweet- both your model and the dress:)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Falafel, my girls love modeling the dresses I make for them.!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Suz, it was all in a days work!! A long days work. :-)

      Delete
  4. Adorable and oh so warm and comfy looking. Your daughter sure looks pleased to be modeling her new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes she was pleased. It's been a long time between photo shoots. She also likes the dress.

      Delete
  5. so cute!!! Your daughter looks like she loves it :o) hey, I've started a sewing for kids group pinterest board! I would love for you to join... just shoot me an e-mail with your pinterest info if you are interested :o) I'm on pinterest at ntcreations.e-mail: nap-timecreations@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the matching hat and the bright pink bow! Your little model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, the pink bow was to add a contrast. Thing is I only made one hat, I now need to make a second one for my other daughter since the hat was such a hit.

      Delete
  7. Love the collar and the "bling" on it! Adds so much without being over the top. Such a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zafarani, I love beautiful but simple styles.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, Please leave a message, Thanks